Lenny, the newsletter founded by Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner, went out weekly to about 400,000 subscribers. I was honored to be an editor-at-large, stepping in when editor in chief Jessica Grose went on maternity leave. Kindness and excellence don’t always travel together, but they did at Lenny, where contributors, staff, and readers were all valued. It was an extraordinary experience.
At Lenny I wrote, edited, assigned, and produced a branded newsletter with General Electric. Below are links to some of my favorite pieces from my time there. We were awarded a Webby for Special Achievement.
Symone Sanders illustration by Verity Slade
- Interview with Symone Sanders, National Press Secretary for the Bernie Sanders campaign
- Interview with Ellen Malcolm, founder of Emily’s List
- Interview with Deborah Kass, artist
- Interview with Susan Kare, artist, designer of the ⌘ symbol and other icons
- Interview with Tabitha Soren, artist
- Interview with Marilyn Minter, artist
- Interview with Sara McLachlan, musician